Codeway was founded in 2020 with a vision of turning strong ideas into sector-leading mobile products.
Today, Codeway is a thriving tech company with multiple sector-leading apps, and is home to 100+ bright & curious minds in Istanbul, Turkey.
And with our beloved mid-core tower defense game Rumble Rivals, we aim to join among the biggest tech companies in the world!
If you’re passionate about mobile gaming and especially want to work in a long-term game project, keep reading and deep dive into our world from linktr.ee/codeway
Are you the talented Sr. Game Developer everyone is looking for? If so, by now you may have noticed that your skills are in high demand.
First, we offer you an opportunity to take your skills beyond hyper casual: You’ll build mid-core/hard-core mobile games. You’ll focus on one thing at a time, but you'll do wonders with that one thing.
Second, you’ll join a team with a proven track record: We built mobile products that reached over 90 million users worldwide, and we’ll welcome you to make our next hit together.
Third, you’ll become a part of a team that is starting strong & dreaming big. Our past accomplishments allowed us to create the work environment and the team culture that we always dreamed of. You’ll work in a beautiful office while enjoying unique side benefits.
What You'll be Doing
· Unleash your creativity by transforming game ideas into fully operational mobile masterpieces using Unity.
· Support all aspects of game development from feature design to implementation, launch, QA, and maintenance.
· Be the game dev maestro, orchestrating projects from inception to completion.
· Support UX efforts to keep players hooked.
· Design, implement, and fine-tune game mechanics for a seamless experience.
· Join forces with our game artists, designers, backend developers, and DevOps gurus to forge legendary prototypes and final projects.
· Embrace your inner guardian, ensuring the quality of the code and systems created by the whole team.
· Create flexible code that can be easily updated as the game evolves.
· Communicate ideas clearly, absorb wisdom from peers, and provide valuable insights.
· Play and enjoy a variety of video game genres and titles to stay inspired and fuel your passion.
What You'll Bring
· A degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Computer Science, Game Development, or a related field; or an equivalent amount of real-world experience
· At least one published mobile game or prototype showcasing your skills (excluding Hyper Casual games)
· 3+ years of experience in Unity 3D and mobile game development
· A solid understanding of programming fundamentals
· The ability to write clean, efficient, and well-documented code that even poets would admire
· A solution-focused mindset, equipped with ninja-like problem-solving skills
· Experience in plugin integration for Android or iOS
· A history of developing UI, audio, and animation systems that bring games to life
· Excellent CPU, GPU, and memory optimization skills
· An excellent understanding of software architecture, design, and development – you're a software whisperer
· Besides technology and programming language, having strong object-oriented & data-oriented skills including design, coding, and testing patterns
· A curiosity for new tech, always eager to chat, discover, and share the latest tools and trends
· Analytical, practical problem-solving skills that make Sherlock Holmes envious
· Fluency in English, for clear technical discussions and fostering efficient internal team interactions.
COVID-19 Update: Codeway is closely following the COVID-19 situation and ensuring team member and candidate safety. All interviews are now held virtually. Office use is completely optional until the pandemic is over. Please stay safe!
In a short period of time, we've managed to build a unique company culture that our team members love to be a part of. And now it's official.
If you're curious to learn what makes Codeway a Great Place to Work™, check out our first year documentary!
A competitive compensation package
Quarterly compensation adjustment program: Codeway operates globally. So, no matter what's happening in your national economy, it is our responsibility to make sure that your global purchasing power stays the same, or only goes up
A top-notch office in Ferko Signature, located at the heart of Istanbul, right next to Levent Metro Station
Unlimited snacks, coffee & soft drinks from Codebucks (Yes, you’ve heard it right: We love coffee so much that we’ve built our own coffeeshop inside our office!)
Free breakfast at Codebucks - every morning at 9:30 AM
Competitive private health insurance package: We take full responsibility for our team’s health and safety
Office use is completely optional until the pandemic is over, so that you don’t have to worry about the health and safety of your close ones
A meal compensation that is actually enough for a decent & nutritious lunch, we’re way above the industry standard
No dress code - dress as you like!
Happy hours every Friday: EVERY. SINGLE. FRIDAY. When it’s 5 PM: Screens off, party on! (Check out @codewaystudios on Instagram to see our after-party videos)
Gaming room: Whenever you need to take a break from hard work and relax with your favorite PC or PS5 game, our fully-equipped gaming room will be waiting for you :)
A brand new Macbook, iPhone 12 Mini, magic mouse, magic keyboard; an adjustable desk with a 4K screen. We’ll provide any gear that you’ll need to deliver your best work
Subscription to any software you might need to perform at your best
An unlimited Udemy subscription and full support on any kind of learning path you are willing to follow
Easy. Short. Transparent. Not a rocket science!
Let’s talk about your experience & expectations. What can we achieve together?
For some positions we'll need to test your technical skills. We might send you a task to solve.
A final interview with the executive team to see if we're all on the same page
You are now part of the team! Let’s celebrate it together.