Codeway was founded in 2020 with a vision of turning strong ideas into sector-leading mobile products.
Today, Codeway is a thriving tech company with multiple sector-leading apps, and is home to 100+ bright & curious minds in Istanbul, Turkey.
And with our beloved mid-core tower defense game Rumble Rivals, we aim to join among the biggest tech companies in the world!
If you’re passionate about mobile gaming and especially want to work in a long-term game project, keep reading and deep dive into our world from linktr.ee/codeway
We’re looking for a 3D Character Artist who will transform 2D character concepts into in-game ready real-time 3D characters for our beloved mid-core tower defense game Rumble Rivals.
As a 3D Character Artist, you will be working closely with other artists and developers to create characters that are compatible with the overall universe of the game.
You will be a part of a great team dedicated to developing one of the best mobile games in its category and reach millions of gamers around the world.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Create characters and creatures based on concept art or reference material, including interpreting abstract ideas.
· Transform 2D character concepts into in-game ready real-time 3D characters.
· Contribute to the development of character concepts.
· Collaborate with other artists to set the visual style and quality bar.
· Build clean topology with high consideration for animation.
· Support the game development process with asset implementation and technical problem solving.
What You’ll Bring
· University Degree preferably in Graphic Design, Animation or a related field.
· Experience with 3D software (e.g. Blender, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush etc.).
· Experience with game engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal or related game engine technologies).
· Experience with character modeling, sculpting techniques, high-poly to low-poly baking, creation of stylized textures.
· Skilled in skeleton-based animation, rigging, lighting, and rendering.
· Ability to take feedback and implement useful insights accordingly.
· Passion and desire to create great games.
· Excellent communication skills and fluent or business level English - written and spoken.
COVID-19 Update: Codeway is closely following the COVID-19 situation and ensuring team member and candidate safety. All interviews are now held virtually. Office use is completely optional until the pandemic is over. Please stay safe!
In a short period of time, we've managed to build a unique company culture that our team members love to be a part of. And now it's official.
If you're curious to learn what makes Codeway a Great Place to Work™, check out our first year documentary!
A competitive compensation package
Quarterly compensation adjustment program: Codeway operates globally. So, no matter what's happening in your national economy, it is our responsibility to make sure that your global purchasing power stays the same, or only goes up
A top-notch office in Ferko Signature, located at the heart of Istanbul, right next to Levent Metro Station
Unlimited snacks, coffee & soft drinks from Codebucks (Yes, you’ve heard it right: We love coffee so much that we’ve built our own coffeeshop inside our office!)
Free breakfast at Codebucks - every morning at 9:30 AM
Competitive private health insurance package: We take full responsibility for our team’s health and safety
Office use is completely optional until the pandemic is over, so that you don’t have to worry about the health and safety of your close ones
A meal compensation that is actually enough for a decent & nutritious lunch, we’re way above the industry standard
No dress code - dress as you like!
Happy hours every Friday: EVERY. SINGLE. FRIDAY. When it’s 5 PM: Screens off, party on! (Check out @codewaystudios on Instagram to see our after-party videos)
Gaming room: Whenever you need to take a break from hard work and relax with your favorite PC or PS5 game, our fully-equipped gaming room will be waiting for you :)
A brand new Macbook, iPhone 12 Mini, magic mouse, magic keyboard; an adjustable desk with a 4K screen. We’ll provide any gear that you’ll need to deliver your best work
Subscription to any software you might need to perform at your best
An unlimited Udemy subscription and full support on any kind of learning path you are willing to follow
Easy. Short. Transparent. Not a rocket science!
Let’s talk about your experience & expectations. What can we achieve together?
For some positions we'll need to test your technical skills. We might send you a task to solve.
A final interview with the executive team to see if we're all on the same page
You are now part of the team! Let’s celebrate it together.